Bay City Academy opened in September 2011 with just over 150 students in a historic Bay City church and school building, the Madison Arts Campus. BCA now houses grades K-11 at the Farragut. Bay City Academy, which is chartered through Lake Superior State University, is in session from 8:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Learning adds quality to our lives. At Bay City Academy, we strive to inspire students to grow to their lifelong learning potential by teaching them how to learn. Students will develop competence, caring and citizenship through a positive learning experience in partnership with home and community.
At Bay City Academy, we believe:
- Every child is unique and can learn like a gifted learner.
- Students deserve the opportunity to have instruction delivered in a way that is relevant and meaningful.
- School should be a non-threatening environment that emphasizes relationships.
- Character education should be taught, modeled and assessed.
- Highly trained, motivated teachers are essential.
- Parental involvement and support is an essential element of a quality educational experience.
BCA's inquiry-based curriculum will help students become self-motivated and competent life-long learners who are critical thinkers, demonstrating confidence and creativity. We believe that all students can achieve high standards even though they may enter BCA with different strengths, abilities and life experiences.