Choose to do Well
True or False: Standardized tests are tough.
The answer depends on how prepared your child is. Consider these four steps to help your child handle test week.
- Explain that the testes will show how much they have learned. Encourage them to try their best but don't put so much emphasis on the tests that they are stressed.
- Practice the test format. For example, your child might have to read a paragraph and answer questions. The website below provides practice M-Step tests.
- Limit activities the night before tests. Be sure your child gets a good night's rest.
- On test day, give your child an energy-boosting breakfast.
- Ask your teacher for a schedule when your child will be taking the M-Step tests.
M-Step practice tests (please use Google Chrome Browser)