True or False: Standardized tests are difficult.
The answer depends on how your child prepares.
Consider these five steps to help your child handle test week.
- Explain that the tests will show how much they have learned. Encourage them to try their best, but don't put so much emphasis on the tests that they are stressed.
- Practice the test format. For example, your child might have to read a paragraph and answer questions. The website below provides practice M-Step tests.
- Limit activities the night before tests. Be sure your child gets a good night's rest.
- On test day, give your child an energy-boosting breakfast.
- Ask your child's teacher for an M-STEP / SAT test schedule.